Tuesday, September 8, 2009

To those who vote on PoetryBlogRankings.com...

The poetry that I write is a very personal endeavor to express the things that I hold inside.
I make no claims to be talented, or worthy of adulation or praise. The only reasons that I write
are simply to unload, to cope, to gain a better more positive perspective personally. The only reason that I share these pieces of myself, is the knowledge that we all face very similar things in life, and I have gleaned so much from reading others who have expressed themselves that I felt, perhaps, there might be something another might glean from me. I joined a site called PoetryBlogRankings.com, in order to further the whole sharing experience, and to have to opportunity to read others, in order that I may learn and moreover, enjoy. Feedback is always appreciated in it’s most honest form. I long for constructive critiques and suggestions so that I may successfully improve, as I am in much need of this kind of assistance, having never had a formal education in literature of any kind. (my greatest regret)
I have run into a strange, and very disconcerting, occurrence. I have fully expected, in the spirit of “putting myself out there”, that there would be some who might like my work, as well as those who would not. It has become apparent, however, that someone is voting in a less constructive manner than this ideal. I am receiving what I will call “bundles of votes“, every so often, in which someone is voting, negatively, sometimes four, six, even eight times…consecutively, within a time frame of moments. This plagues me, for it cannot be viewed in any other light other than malicious voting, and I can’t imagine why someone would work so hard, personally, to cast me down. The site is not some kind of contest, there is no prize or special recognition as far as I understand. I do not care, sincerely, whether I am ranked first or last, as long as I am getting fair and honest feedback I so need. I would have to suspect that the one doing this is a fellow poet on the site. Please regard me as no threat, and in the spirit of expression we share, cease to mar my already slight confidence, as I would never seek to hurt another the same. As you know, it is, of itself, a very difficult task to share such private pieces of ourselves. I love poetry, in all it’s forms, each so unique, but in it‘s complexity an art savored by individual tastes. Whoever you are, I wish you no ill will, and hope you realize we cannot build ourselves up by means of tearing down others without losing the most good and sincere parts of ourselves, whether we sense it or not. It’s a great big poetic world, and there is much room for all of us to create and share. Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment